Ginger Chicken Kabobs
It’s summer, and who wants to be stuck in the house cooking?
Grilling is easier, faster and it doesn’t heat up the kitchen!
For this easy to make meal, simply marinate chicken with pineapple and sweet peppers and grill it up for a complete meal recipe that’s easy to make.
Servings: 4 (2-skewer) servings
Prep: 25 mins
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh cilantro
* 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 fresh serrano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
* 1 teaspoon cooking oil
* 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 cup fresh pineapple cubes
* 1/2 of a medium red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1/2 of a medium green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Add cilantro, ginger, garlic, serrano pepper, oil, coriander, cumin, salt, garam masala (if desired), and nutmeg to bag. Seal bag. Turn and press bag to coat chicken. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
2. On eight skewers, alternately put he chicken, pineapple, red sweet pepper, and green sweet pepper, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
3. Place kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Makes 4 (2-skewer) servings.
If you want to make these inside you can use your broiler:
Preheat broiler. Place kabobs on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
**I’ve done this and NOT worn gloves or anything and even after washing hands hours later taking my contacts out of my eyes…NOT PLEASANT!
Calories 175, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 66 mg, Sodium 212 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 27 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%. Exchanges: Other Carbohydrate .5, Fat .5.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet