Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Recipe
* 8 thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
* 1 container (8 ounces) low-fat plain yogurt
* 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 medium-size onion, cut into 16 wedges
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1 pound (about 4 cups) plum tomatoes, chopped
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, chopped
— In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and the 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar until well blended. In a bowl, combine the chicken and yogurt mixture. Refrigerate 20 minutes to marinate.
–Meanwhile, heat a broiler, or prepare an outdoor grill.
In large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion; saute for 5 minutes. Add the 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and the water. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cook until the liquid has reduced to a sauce and onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
–Increase heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
–Remove skillet from heat; let cool 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in mozzarella and chopped basil.
–Remove chicken from marinade.
–Broil or grill chicken about 4 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes per side.
–Place chicken on large platter.
–Place about 1/4 cup topping on each chicken piece.
Nutrition Facts per serving.
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
Calories 224, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, Sodium 527 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 24 g.