Pasta Salad with Grilled Veggies Recipe
* 8 ounces whole wheat rotini, shells or other short pasta
* 3 tablespoons EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* Sea Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes
* 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters
* 1 red bell pepper, quartered & seeded
* 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
* 1 cup black olives
* 1 cup mushrooms
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (I use oregano from Sage Hill Farms since it’s organic and fresh. The owner, Bea Kunz is an awesome lady that I’ve known for years. All the herbs and teas are divine!)
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (ditto what I said above about using herbs from Sage Hill Farms)
–Prepare charcoal fire, or preheat gas grill or broiler…whatever method you’re going to do the grilling part.
–Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain, and rinse thoroughly to cool. Transfer to large bowl, and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
–Whisk together remaining olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the scallions, and toss to coat with oil mixture.
–Thread cherry tomatoes, zucchini, red pepper and mushrooms on wooden skewers, or place on grill directly.
–Grill, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes. Cook until all vegetables are tender and grill-marked, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove from grill, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
–Chop vegetables (except the cherry tomatoes) into bite size pieces and add to pasta.
–Add remaining marinade, olives and herbs, and toss well.