5 servings, about 2 cups each
Original Source: EatingWell
* 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
* 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 8 cups mixed salad greens
* 1 ripe mango, diced (see Tip)
* 1 small ripe avocado, diced
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
* 1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts, or sliced almonds (see Tip), optional (I personally like it w/sliced almonds!)
1. Puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
2. Combine greens, mango, avocado and onion in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat. Divide the salad among 5 salad plates. Top each with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle with nuts, if using.
Tips & Notes
* Tips: To dice a mango:
* 1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
* 2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
* 3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
* 4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
* To toast chopped or sliced nuts, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: 215 calories; 16 g fat ( 2 g sat , 12 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 7 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 564 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Vitamin A (60% dv), Folate (36% dv), Potassium (16% dv)