Santa Fe Quinoa Salad Recipe
Prep: 25 mins
Total: 45 mins
* 3/4 cup quinoa (about 5 ounces)
* 1 1/2 cups water
* Kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
* Freshly ground pepper
* 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
* 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
* 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
* 1 3-ounce jar cocktail onions, drained and finely chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Spread the quinoa on a baking sheet; refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds over high heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; transfer to a blender. Add the lime juice and oil and blend. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing into a bowl and add the black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and cocktail onions. Scrape the quinoa into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and serve.