Tomato & Olive Stuffed Portobello Caps Recipe
Makes 4 servings
* 2/3 cup chopped plum tomatoes
* 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/8 teaspoon dried
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 4 portobello mushroom caps, 5 inches wide
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1. Combine tomatoes, cheese, olives, garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, rosemary and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Preheat grill to medium.
3. Discard mushroom stems. Remove brown gills from the undersides of the caps using a spoon; discard gills. Mix the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, lemon juice and soy sauce in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over both sides of the caps.
4. Oil a grill rack. Place the caps on the rack, stem sides down, cover and grill until soft, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and fill with the tomato mixture. Return to the grill, cover, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes more.
Per serving: 122 calories; 8 g fat ( 2 g sat , 4 g mono ); 9 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 2 g fiber; 338 mg sodium; 431 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Potassium (17% dv), Calcium (15% dv).